Registrations are open!
WiN Global Annual Conference will be jointly organized with the International Youth Nuclear Congress (IYNC) 2018, from 11 to 17 March 2018, in Bariloche, Argentina. Registrations are open! (http://www.iync.org)
The conference will provide a forum for young professionals and women in the nuclear field to discuss and collaborate on knowledge transfer, nuclear science and technology research and implementation, professional development, and communication. In particular, the event will bring together young professionals that are looking to further their careers and senior leaders that are willing to share their knowledge and expertise with younger generations.
In 2016 IYNC and WiN signed a Memorandum of Understanding to foster their collaboration and joint activities on knowledge transfer, education and communication on peaceful use of nuclear science and technologies.
As both organizations selected Argentina to host their 2018 conferences, we decided to team-up and benefit from a unique opportunity to organize IYNC-WiN2018 together.
Argentina has a long history of nuclear energy research, development and operation. Proof of its commitment to these activities is the foundation of the Atomic Energy Commission (Comisión Nacional de Energía Atómica, CNEA) in 1950. The country is capable of producing nuclear fuel elements which not only supply the national power reactors, but also those for research reactors in Argentina, Egypt, Algeria, Peru, and Australia. There are three operating nuclear power plants in Argentina generating around 10% of the national electrical energy consumption. The government has plans to build more nuclear power plants, as well.
IYNC-WiN2018 will be hosted in Bariloche, a beautiful city in the province of Río Negro, Argentina, located 1640 km away from Buenos Aires.
Bariloche lays on the south shore of the Nahuel Huapi Lake, within the Nahuel Huapi National Park, at 770 meters above sea level. Being one of the most important tourist resorts in Argentina, this beautiful mountain village has become the entrance gate to Argentine Patagonia.
Bariloche is also home to the Bariloche Atomic Center, devoted to basic and applied physics research along with nuclear and mechanical engineering. Basic research is focused on deepening understanding and development of nuclear energy. Applied sciences have provided support for both state and privately owned companies. The main areas of research include: materials, neutrons, thermodynamics and theoretical physics.
Within the complex operates the Balseiro Institute, a very prestigious university that offers physics, nuclear, mechanical and telecommunications engineering degrees. Also, RA-6, a 1 MW experimental reactor operates within the complex. RA-6 is used for educational proposes and to perform experiments and BNCT medical treatments for terminal cancer patients.
The congress will be held in three locations within the same complex:
The FINAL call for summaries for IYNC2018-26th WiN Global is OPEN!
- Panamericano Hotel
- Bariloche Eventos y Convenciones (BEC)
- NH Edelweiss Hotel
The technical program of the conference is constructed around the theme “Challenge the present, empower the future”. A wide range of topics will be covered through various interactive sessions: Technical Tracks; Workshops; and both Plenary and Panel sessions.
The direct link to the submissions website is on the following link (Technical tracks link, above):http://www.iync.org/technical-tracks/
- NPPs Operation, Maintenance and Design Modification
- Advanced Nuclear Systems
- Neutronics, Reactor Physics and Core Criticality
- Thermal hydraulics
- Nuclear Fuel Science
- Materials for Nuclear Industry
- Nuclear Safety, Security and Radiation Protection
- Nuclear Fuel Cycle, Waste Management and Decommissioning
- Fusion Energy
- Human Resources, Communication and Knowledge Management
- Nuclear Policy, Economics and Social Aspects
- Nuclear Technology in Medicine, Biology and Non-power Sectors
- IYNC-YGN Best Practices
All summaries will undergo a reviewing process and accepted ones will be published in the conference proceedings. The authors of the highest quality summaries will be offered to prepare a full-length paper for publishing in a peer-reviewed journal.
When submitting the summary, authors can express their preference for oral presentation or poster session. A committee will then assess your summary and decide which summaries will be taken forward to the oral sessions and which ones will be to the poster session.
-National Atomic Energy Commission (CNEA)-Bariloche Atomic Center-CAB: governmental institution responsible for nuclear energy research and development. The Center is mainly devoted to research, development and training of human resources in the area of Physics and Nuclear Engineering, and hosts the RA-6 (1 MW) research reactor.
- INVAP: a provincial state-own company devoted to the design and construction of complex technological systems, with more than 30 years of history in the domestic market and more than twenty in the international scene.
- Dr. Richter´s nuclear old lab: adventure visit. Cross the Nahuel Haupi lake by kayak, boat or swimming to visit the place where the nuclear activity in Argentina was born.
- National Atomic Energy Commision (CNEA) - CAREM Small Modular Reactor: First SMR 100% designed by CNEA under construction in Atucha site.
- Nucleoléctrica Argentina S.A.- Atucha I and II NPPs ( both PHWR). Nucleoeléctrica Argentina S.A. is the company which generates electric energy in a nuclear way, and it is an essential part of the development of the Argentine Nuclear Plan.
- Electronuclear Brazil- Angra I, II and III NPPs (Angra dos Reis, Brazil): the visit will be available for those who are willing to travel to Brazil after the Congress.
IYNC is a global non-profit organization connecting students and young professionals engaged in all areas of peaceful uses of nuclear science and technology. We proudly embrace representatives from 45 countries and six continents. One of our central goals is to transfer knowledge from the current generation of leading nuclear professionals to the next generation. Click here
(Link to http://www.iync.org/goals-and-mission-of-iync/
) to learn more about IYNC.